Rules Governing Transfer Credits
- Credit will not be transferred while a student is on suspension.
- Only courses with a grade of C or better will transfer.
- Only credits transfer; grades do not.
- The course must be offered at an accredited college or university.
- Only courses listed in the Transfer Guide will transfer from Virginia Community Colleges.
- No more than 50% of the credits required for graduation may be transferred from two-year colleges.
- Of the last 45 hours before graduation, a maximum of 18 semester hours may be transfer hours.
- After completion of course(s), student must submit an official transcript to Virginia Tech Registrar.
Please review Transferrable Courses from Other Colleges/Universities in its entirety before taking any classes elsewhere. There are procedures and forms to ensure the transfer of courses.