Plans of Study may be submitted in hard copy to the Building Construction Graduate Coordinator, or electronically as a single pdf file. Please note that browser plugins may not support the fillable features of this form. Full documentation should include:
- Plan of Study form with appropriate committee signatures.
- Independent study forms and supporting information, if applicable.
- Transcripts to support transfer credits from other institutions, if applicable, along with justifications and course descriptions for courses being transferred.
- Course Justification Request for “old” coursework, if applicable.
If physical signatures cannot be obtained for all committee members, electronic signatures will suffice as long as documentation is provided as evidence to support the committee member’s approval or all committee members are copied on the electronic submission per email. A printout of an email from the committee member sent to the chair of the committee will suffice in lieu of a physical signature.
Plan of Study Limitations on Elective Courses
All elective courses must meet minimum Graduate School Plan of Study requirements to be included on the Plan of Study, including the following limitations:
- No course less than a 4xxx-level may be included on the Plan of Study
- No more than six (6) hours of 4xxx-level courses may be included.
- The number of credit hours in 5974, 5984, and 6984 courses must be less than or equal to the limits required for the student’s degree type.
|Degree||Max. Number of Credit Hours Counted|
|Ph.D.||18 credit hours (+4 credits of seminar)|
Submittal Process and Timeline for Plan of Study
Approvals must be obtained from
- the student’s advisory committee,
- the BC Graduate Chair, and
- the Graduate School (in this order)
before the Plan of Study is considered official.
Ph.D. students are encouraged to consult first with their academic advisors and committees and second with the Graduate Chair and/or Graduate Coordinator to answer questions regarding courses and requirements for the Plan of Study. The following timelines apply:
|Program||Draft Due to Graduate Coordinator||Approved Plan of Study|